Contest Terms and Condition
Bourgeois Midland Hyundai
Thanksgiving Outdoor Cooking Prize Pack Giveaway
Please read the following Rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree.
1. Contest Entry Period – The Bourgeois Midland Hyundai Thanksgiving Outdoor Cooking Prize Pack Giveaway (the “Contest”) starts on Thursday September 28, 2023 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time and ends on September 30, 2023 at 3:00 p.m. (“Contest Entry Period”).
2. Contest Sponsors - The Contest sponsor is Bourgeois Midland Hyundai. (“Bourgeois Midland Hyundai”).
3. Eligibility - To enter and to be eligible to win, the entrant must be a legal resident of Canada (other than a resident of Quebec) and be at least 19 years old. Bourgeois Midland Hyundai and Hyundai Auto Canada Corp employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of Bourgeois Midland Hyundai or any company, affiliated or related to Bourgeois Midland Hyundai or Hyundai Auto Canada Corp are ineligible to enter. No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest.
4. How to Enter – There are two (2) ways to enter and are as follows:
During the Contest Entry Period, an individual who completes the entire purchase process including financing or leasing approval and arranges delivery of any in-stock new, or certified pre-owned vehicle from Bourgeois Midland Hyundai shall be provided with an official contest entry (“Entry Form”) and shall be entitled to submit one (1) completed Entry Form, (i) which requires you to provide your first name, last name, e-mail address and phone number, (ii) requires you agree that you have read and agreed to be bound by these Contest Rules (“Rules”); (iii) requires you to accept receiving emails from the Contest. Each entrant may only submit one (1) Entry Form for each qualifying vehicle purchase. Entries shall be associated with the individual who is the legal owner of the qualifying vehicle purchase during the Contest Entry Period. The first name and last name on the Entry Form must match that on the legal ownership of the vehicle. The Entry Form must be submitted by no later than 3:00 p.m. on September 30, 2023.
Qualifying vehicle purchases do not include As Traded/As Is vehicles or vehicles purchased under a fleet or broker sales agreement.
No Purchase Necessary - Essay
An individual who provides Bourgeois Midland Hyundai with an essay of at least 2500 words explaining why the individual wants to own a Ford vehicle from Bourgeois Midland Hyundai shall be provided with an Entry Form and shall be entitled to submit one (1) completed entry form as in accordance with the requirements set out above. Essay must be delivered in hard copy to Bourgeois Midland Hyundai, 868 King Street, Midland, ON L4R 0B8. Essay must be received, and the Entry Form must be submitted by no later than 11:59 a.m. (EST), September 30.
5. General Conditions - There is one (1) prize to be won. The odds of winning the Prize are dependent on the number of Entry Forms submitted. There is no purchase necessary. The Contest is not open to Quebec residents.
Making a vehicle purchase will not increase chances of winning the Prize. All decisions by Bourgeois Midland Hyundai are final. By entering, participants warrant and represent that they agree to be bound by these Contest Rules and the final decision of Bourgeois Midland Hyundai.
All taxes on any prize won are the sole responsibility of each winner. Winner(s) shall be solely responsible for the reporting and payment of all taxes incurred by acceptance and use of the Prize, if applicable.
Bourgeois Midland Hyundai reserves the right to disqualify and reject any and all entries considered unsuitable or unqualified for the Contest. Anyone using fraudulent means to participate and/or win the contest will be disqualified. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. Bourgeois Midland Hyundai RESERVES ALL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY ENTRANT ATTEMPTING TO DO SO TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING REPORTING SUCH ACTIVITIES TO THE APPROPRIATE AUTHORITIES WHICH MAY RESULT IN OR LEAD TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
Bourgeois Midland Hyundai reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or prematurely conclude a contest should any computer virus, malfunction, fraud, tampering, unauthorized intervention or other cause beyond their control corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Contest.
In the event the Contest is cancelled prematurely for any reason, Bourgeois Midland Hyundai will use reasonable efforts to pick an alternate winner, but in the event an alternate winner cannot be determined, the Prize will not be awarded.
6. Prize - There is one (1) Prize to be won consisting of 1 BBQ, 1 Combo Outdoor Fryer, 1 Yeti 45 Cooler, 1 $200 gift certificate to a local butcher or grocery shop chosen by Bourgeois Midland Hyundai and 2 Bourgeois Midland Hyundai Hoodies (sizes to be selected by winner but may be limited to available inventory). The Contest shall run from September 28, 2023 until September 30, 2023 at 3:00 p.m. The Prize is non-transferable.
7. Prize Draw – Contest draw will take place on Friday October 6, 2023. Only the contest winner will be notified.
8. Awarding of Prizes - In order to be declared the winner of the Prize, the potential winner must be the person listed on the Entry Form. Furthermore, the potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Bourgeois Midland Hyundai. In the event that a potential winner does not properly answer the skill testing question, he or she will be disqualified. Bourgeois Midland Hyundai reserves the right to disqualify and reject any and all entries considered unsuitable or unqualified for the Contest.
9. Contestant Agreements - Acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, city, and winning entry for promotional purposes. Contestants agree that the sole and final judgment as to all matters concerning contests and interpretation of contest rules are at the sole discretion of Bourgeois Midland Hyundai, its owners, and staff.
10. Releases/Hold Harmless - Bourgeois Midland Hyundai, its owners, its staff, and its affiliates are not liable or responsible for: (a) any claims, damages, losses, injuries, or death including any third party claims, arising from or relating to, in whole or in part, any contest, including entry and participation in any contest and acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize; (b) entries that do not follow guidelines; (c) entries and responses to winner notifications that are illegible, incomplete, or late; or (d) any technical or human errors, malfunctions, failures, etc. resulting in participation of contest.
11. Privacy - We will not sell your address or personal information. The information you provide will not be shared with any other party outside Bourgeois Midland Hyundai and will not be used for other purposes other than the Contest. Acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, city, and winning entry for promotional purposes.
12. Lost/Interrupted Entries - Bourgeois Midland Hyundai assumes no responsibility for: entries lost, interrupted, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected, for any reason whatsoever; for the failure, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission of any mail, fax, email or other communication to be given or received, for any reason; for any incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, visual or printing errors, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of the entries or any combination thereof as a result of participation in this Contest. Bourgeois Midland Hyundai shall not be liable for any human or technical errors that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest.
13. Contest Cancellation/Changes - Bourgeois Midland Hyundai is not responsible for commencing, continuing or completing the Contest in the event of circumstances beyond Bourgeois Midland Hyundai's control or should fraud, virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of Bourgeois Midland Hyundai corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the game. Bourgeois Midland Hyundai may, at its sole discretion change or alter the Contest, as Bourgeois Midland Hyundai deems necessary. Contest dates and times are subject to change without notice.
14. Governing Law - The Contest and the Contest Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario.